Review | Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer

by - 07:06:00

Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection Concealer is one that's adored and obsessed over in the blog-o-sphere, so I thought I would voice what I thought of the £4.19 concealer. First of all the price is fairly cheap,  compared to the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer which is £5.99. The packaging is just the common and simple applicator and my only problem with the packaging is that the black writing on the outside of the tube rubes of and it looks really gross and weird.

For shades there really isn't a wide range, and with 1 Fair being so popular I don't think I've ever found it in stock at the drugstore, I've always had to order online for it. I find for my yellow-toned, extremely pale skin I struggle to find a concealer that isn't so pink. Collection 2000's is slightly too pink for my skin tone, but it's so slight that it's hardly noticeable after blending.

I use the Real Technique Miracle Complexion Sponge to blend my concealer on top of my foundation and I find it blends better the quicker you blend it. For example, for my concealer routine, I draw to triangles under my eyes, around the sides of my mouth, on my chin, on spots and blemishes around my face and under my contour to difene the line. By the time I've finished drawing my face and come to blend under my eyes - which has been left sitting there for a minute - it's really hard to blend and tends to cake up. However, if you blend it straight away it goes on so smooth and glowy.

Collection 2000's is definitely a heavy and full coverage concealer; the formula being really thick and creamy. Due to this I find that the conclear is a bit of a nightmare for preventing under eye creasing. It's perfect for concealing your under eye circles however it does tend to fill in my fine lines under my eye and can cake if not blended straight away. I try to prevent this by setting it powder as soon as I blend it - so it has no time to crease before being set.

Overall, for the price of this drugstore concealer, I'd definitely recommend you to pick it up and give it a go. But for all the hype this concealer gets within the Beauty Community, I can't help but say that I'm a little bit disappointed - but for the price, I guess it's not a bad purchase.

What drugstore concealer do you use? Have you tried the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer?

You May Also Like

14 comments

  1. I used to love this concealer but then I realised there are other drugstore concealers that are waaayyyy better. I agree that this one cakes under the eyes and I find it oxidises throughout the day too. I've been using the Maybellime SuperStay concealer, it is so much better - same coverage and much better formula!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to not get it to cake :(
      & I need to try some concealers, I liked the Maybelline FitMe but mines ran out.

      Delete
  2. I do like this but its such a pain to find it that I've moved on and I'm trying different concealers, I have to admit, I am one for higher end concealers, I love Clarins and Mac for concealers

    Emma emhasrednails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that's why I ordered all mine online, I'm too poor to buy highend concealers because I literally eat through them hahaha
      Thanks for your comment xx

      Delete
  3. I tend to use this concealer on my blemishes as like you, found it didn't work under my eyes. I'm really struggling with concealers at the minute - still waiting to find the perfect one! x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It cakes so much :(
      Let me know when you find one!! x

      Delete
  4. I have never tried these concelears! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really enjoyed reading your review of this product! Sounds like we have the same skin tone; I too am very pale but have yellow undertones. I have heard a lot about this product, but your review is so genuine and honest. I'm going to steer clear of this one! I love the Urban Decay Naked concealer that everyone raves about... now thats worthy of the hype! I also want to try the NARS creamy one. As for drugstore ones, I love the Bourjois healthy glow one xx

    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, it really means a lot to me. Yeah I'd suggest you steer clear if you have the same pale yellow tone skin. I must try the Bourjois healthy glow one, what shade do you use? xx

      Delete
  6. I love this concealer so much that I wrote a blog about it too! And of course I'm one of those millions who choose the last fair one in the shop-apologies!
    Charlotte // charbeautypicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no problem ;) I tend to not even bother looking for it in shops anymore but to just order online.

      Delete
  7. I love using the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer but it's not a cheap one !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know ;( I can't really justify it.

      Delete