Disappointing Products #1

by - 02:15:00

Benefit They're Real Mascara
After having a small sample in a Christmas bundle one year, I'd had my eye on this mascara ever since. One day browsing in Debenhams, I convinced my lovely boyfriend to buy me the Benefit They're Real mascara.



However, I found the formula to somewhat clump to the bottom of my lashes and leave me with little spikes for eyelashes. No matter how hard I tried to use the brush to help separate out my eyelashes, it was only making them worse as the clumps were building up.

As for the wand of the mascara, I don't see a major problem with it, in fact I do like it. However, the actual mascara, I just couldn't get on with. So I'm sad to say that this hyped mascara was a huge disappointment to me.

Collection 2000 Lasting Colour Lipstick Field Day in the shade Tulip
I fell in love with Tulip from a collection of Collection 2000 lipsticks in my local pharmacy and just had to buy it.

On first swatch the formula seem creamy enough, however, when I applied it to my lips it was just a disaster. The formula stuck to all the creases and lines on my lips and literally caked into clumps.

Simple Kind To Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser 
From someone that suffers from dry, flaky and eczema prone skin, I trusted Simple to be gentle on my skin.

Whilst on holiday in Scotland, I developed really bad eczema and turned to Simple to help and soothe the problem. Instead, Simple moisturiser would burn and irritate my skin. I can use the moistruiser on my skin when I don't have a flair of eczema and the formula is cooling enough, but the fact it irritates any eczema patches I may develop just puts me off this product.

What are your most recent disappointing products and why? Did you find yourself having the same problems with any of the products mentioned?

Don't forget to link me your blogs and your links to your own disappointing product posts.

Disclaimer: All products I have purchased myself and all opinions are my own.

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. I was so disappointed with Benefits their real lash as well. Im not a big fan of their mascaras at all. I hated Bad Gal lash. Roller lash is ok though. Its a shame as I do love Benefit but their mascaras just dont cut it for me.
    Great post hun. I do love these kinda posts.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate it. I haven't tried any of the other Benefit mascaras, I see everyone love Roller Lash so I might give it a try.

      Megan Emily xx

      Delete
  2. Haha gross. The Benefit They're Real mascara looks absolutely dreadful! So clumpy. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually on Simple, I disliked their Micellular water. I loved the No7 one, and got the bottle as a refil, to try something different, but Simple really irrated my skin.
    The Benefit mascara looks like a faulty one, mine never goes like that and I love it! Shame, but I guess we're all different and that's whats good :)
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never got along with Simple - Although I feel like I need to give them another shot. It's such a shame you didn't like They're Real as it's one of my favourite mascaras x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete